Decorating on a Budget... of zero

Filed under , by Alison on 10:32 PM

1

Decorating on a budget seems to be a popular topic in magazines and on morning shows. But that budget is usually a few hundred dollars as opposed to a few thousand.

I'm at a point again when I'm ready to spruce up my home a bit - but I don't have a super large budget to work with. Here are three of my favorite ways to decorate without spending much

Re-arrange. Switching up the furniture can bring a whole new look to a room - and you'll only be using furniture that you already have!

Put up Pictures. I love collage picture frames because I can change out the pictures and get a whole new look. When I start to get antsy for a new look in my home, replacing the frames on the wall (or even moving them to a different spot) is usually my go-to solution

Create Something. I never realize how many random craft supplies I have until I set out to create something. Like this elephant collage that will now live in the baby's room. The idea came from here about a year ago and after entering a craft challenge at ChristyNelson.net, I used the craft challenge materials (some fabric, patterned paper, hardware bits, and beads) along with things I already had to finally cross that off my to-do list.


In case you didn't click through the above link and figure it out on your own, this whole craft challenge is a contest, and if you click through to Christy's site to vote for my project, I'd very much appreciate it!

How do you redecorate on a super small budget?