On Not Getting Angry

Filed under , , by Alison on 4:36 PM

1

This weekend, my family enjoyed a nice little end of summer getaway. On our first day there, we stopped at a produce stand to pick up some things. When the man gave me my total, I was a little surprised, but for some reason it seemed okay in my head and I didn't say anything. After we got in the car I figured out that we were probably overcharged by a few dollars. We could have perhaps gone back, but we didn't. Normally something like this would make me really upset and perhaps ruin my day, but I decided to just blow it off and enjoy my vacation. I didn't want it to be remembered as 'the trip where I got really mad at the produce stand guy'.

Instead it will be remembered as 'the trip where I got really mad that I forgot my son's shoes and we had to go buy some' because the same nonchalant attitude from the produce stand did not carry over to the next day.

Clearly I am capable of blowing things off in some situations, but not in others. And there appears to be little rhyme or reason to it all.