Under 10 Recipe - French Dip Sandwiches

Filed under , by Alison on 9:37 PM

3

I like recipes with just a few ingredients, but not so few that the food doesn't taste like much. They're easy to prepare and easy on the budget. Each week I'll try and find a tried and true recipe with under ten ingredients. This week's is what we had for dinner tonight - French Dip Sandwiches

French Dip Sandwiches

Ingredients
1 (4 pound) boneless beef roast
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 beef bouillon cube
1 bay leaf
3 whole black peppercorns
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
20 slices French bread

Remove and discard all visible fat from the roast. Place trimmed roast in a slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, bouillon, bay leaf, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over roast, and add enough water to almost cover roast. Cover, and cook on Low heat for 10 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender.
Remove meat from broth, reserving broth. Shred meat with a fork, and distribute on bread for sandwiches. Used reserved broth for dipping.

(Recipe from Allrecipes.com)

Tonight I used a pork loin roast instead of beef. It was just as yummy as it always is. I did not use a four pound one either, mine was probably 3/4 of a pound. I used 1/4 cup of soy sauce and just eyeballed the spices. I did not use peppercorns, since we don't usually have any, I just sprinkled some pepper in. I used homemade French bread that I made several weeks ago and froze. Works great for leftovers too!