Under 10 Recipe: Pepper Steak

Filed under , by Alison on 9:00 PM

0

Every weekend, I post a tried and true recipe (for my family at least) that has ten or less ingredients. Follow this link for more under 10 recipes


The other week, I was talking to my mom and she asked if the Tomato Macaroni Soup recipe was actually good. We like it! If I post it as an Under 10 Recipe, it means it's a longtime family favorite (like that soup - my husband's family has been making it forever) or we've tried it before and my family all agrees we'd like it again! This week's recipe is one that I adapted from a recipe found in Better Homes and Gardens 75th Anniversary Edition Cookbook

Pepper Steak

1 lb boneless beef round steak
salt
pepper
1 14 1/2 oz can stewed tomatoes, undrained (Italian Style, if you've got it)*
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 16 oz package frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables (with yellow, green, and red peppers and onion)
Italian seasoning to taste

Throw it all in the crock pot. You can brown the meat ahead of time, if you'd like. I usually use about 2/3 of the vegetable package, but use as much as you'd like. Cover and cook on low heat for about 10 hours or on high for about 5 hours, the meat should be so tender that it pretty much falls apart on its own.

*The last time I made this I just threw in a bunch of cherry tomatoes from our garden in place of the stewed tomatoes.