Some Updates

Filed under , , , by Alison on 9:32 PM

0

From time to time, I post about things I'm going to try or dilemmas I've come across. I thought I'd dedicate a post to a few updates. I have three for today and a few more for later this week.

Bills from my son's delivery: I initially received some bills that didn't make a whole lot of sense. Eventually I did, for one moment at least, understand the explanation of benefits and accompaning bills so I went ahead and paid it. Apparently we were cutting it close when it came to adding my son to the insurance because we received several EOBs saying that the insurance wasn't going to cover anything. That appears to have been resolved, though we do perhaps need to resubmit some claims.

Bunkbeds: I mentioned that we purchased a nice set of bunkbeds for our older boys, not as cool as some that we saw, but they are doing the job thus far. When The Tall One went to pick up the beds, he was suprised to see an additional charge on the bill (we only initally put down a deposit). Apparently the ladder was not included and we were being charged extra for it. We felt this was deceptive seeing as the salesman never mentioned it and there was a ladder with all the display models. We put the bed together and decided we didn't need the ladder since there was more or less a ladder built in on the sides. TTO went to return the ladder two days later, but decided first to head to the beds section and look at the picture  of what we purchased to see if a ladder was pictured (our exact model was not on display, but pictured on a poster). Sure enough, there was the ladder with no notation that it cost extra. He asked to speak with a manager, who agreed that this was a bit deceptive and refunded the extra charge for the ladder but let us keep it.

Notepad Holder: The notepad holder I made a few months ago is still serving its purpose well. It is still more or less where I put it and has come in handy for taking phone messages. My plastic bag holder is still working as well.